Thursday, June 6, 2013

Being in LIFE with someone

In class this week, one of my classmates said, "You can be in love with someone, but can you be in LIFE with them?" That really hit me. I haven't really thought of being in life with someone before, but it's true! When you choose to get married, it is usually because you are in love with that special someone. Yet, when you choose to get married, you are also choosing to be in life with that special someone.


I think being in life with someone means to be willing to share every important thing in your life with that special someone. Also, you should create memories together. That's why you got married, right? I want to be with my future husband during fun times, challenging times, and exciting times.

I can think of a time when I am married where it will be fun, challenging, and exciting, all at the same time: when I'm pregnant. This will be a time when, as a married couple, my husband and I will become closer than we ever have been. In class this week, I learned how important it is to involve my future husband with as many prenatal and postnatal experiences as possible.

For example, let your husband experience the baby kicking. Let him be apart of the development and growth of the child you created together! I learned that many times fathers feel "left out" of the excitement and miracle of pregnancies. Obviously, they do not feel left out of the pregnancy part, but of the development part. Mothers develop a strong bond with each child during pregnancy and fathers miss out on that experience. It is important to include your husband in the experiences you will have when your pregnant because that is part of your life, and you chose to be in LIFE with your husband. So, share you life experiences with him!

No comments:

Post a Comment